Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger: June 2012 Signup
If you’re new to Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger, it’s a regular feature on the blog the Book of Yum, written by “Sea.” This summer Sea’s in Japan working on her dissertation so several of us have offered to help her out by hosting the event. I’m June, Sunny from And Love It Too is July and Alta from Tasty Eats At Home is August.
Here’s how you participate. (If you aren’t a blogger but want to join in, you can! Read the info at the bottom of the post.)
1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.
*Blogger’s recipes must all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes
*Please pick a different blogger every time you participate
*Please pick a blogger that has not been adopted yet this month!
2) Pick one (or more!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.
3) Make the recipe, photograph it and write a post in your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe.
*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And please don’t print their recipe on your post- just provide your reader a link to their original recipe.
*Provide a link to this event announcement page
4) Email me at shannon[at]enjoyinglutenfreelife[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe and the URL of the original blogger’s recipe post. PLEASE SIZE PHOTO TO BE A MAXIMUM OF 500 pixels wide. (Sea says that she might cry if it isn’t sized right. I don’t think I’ll cry but I might get cranky so you will make my day better – and through that my husband’s day better – if you do this.)
5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here (and comment!).
*The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!
Sign up BEFORE June 28 (loose deadline; late sign-ups are OK)
Post your Review and Email me by July 7th (firm deadline, no foolin’)
Now, this is a cool option if you don’t have a blog. You can still sign up to adopt a blogger, then snap a photo of the dish you’ve made and email me your name, the recipe’s URL and title, and the photo. Sea offered in the past to make a special page for non-bloggers and I’d be happy to do that.
I’ll start the adoptions by adopting Tasty Eats At Home. Now it is your turn!
Adoption Sign-Up Sheet:
1) Tasty Eats At Home (adopted by Shannon of Enjoying Gluten-Free Life)
2) Diet Dessert and Dogs (adopted by Sunny from And Love It Too)
3) Hope For Healing (adopted by Alta of Tasty Eats At Home)
4) Welcoming Kitchen (adopted by Alma of Me Living Gluten Free)
5) Hunter’s Lyonesse (adopted by Heather of Gluten-Free Cat)
6) Life As A Plate (adopted by Wendy of Celiacs in the House)
7) Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen (adopted by Valerie of City|Life|Eats)
8) Until The Thin Lady Sings (adopted by Rachel of The Crispy Cook)
If you sign up and cannot complete this event by July 7th, please email me immediately at shannon[at]enjoyinglutenfreelife[dot]com and let me know.